Wonder why I entitled this post "Au Revoir Epistaxis?"
Actually Au Revoir is a French word means goodbye while Epistaxis is the medical term for nosebleed. In short, it means Goodbye Nosebleed.
Nosebleed has been an expression nowadays that whenever we encounter people who are speaking English, we necessarily tell them we got "nosebleed" from their words. Don't we ever know that speaking English fluently is an edge of you from others?
In fact, English is globally accepted universal language, so therefore it is a tool that you can exercise to confabulate things all over the world. Speaking English fluently is an apparent task, if you put your mind to it. Actually, it is somewhat needs your concentration of learning more and practicing more. If you think its kinda hard, then it will be the beginning that you might face problems.
"Fluency in English is accuracy with good pronunciation-not speed". In other words, speaking English fluently is not speaking fast; it is speaking conspicuous, appropriate and with the right flow.
Well then, here is now your chance to speak English better. Just have the confidence and be optimistic. Here are some tips
- Be curious about the correct pronunciation of the words through consulting it in the dictionary. In fact familiarize yourself about the phonetic symbols.
- Try to rent and watch English movies DVDs with subtitles and keep a dictionary nearby, just in case you encounter a new word in the movie, you can pause and glance its meaning.
- Talk to friends who are also learning English. Go out together to malls or eat somewhere and only speak English to each other.
- Get over any apprehensiveness that you have might committing mistakes. You will commit mistakes.
- Try to listen and sing English songs.
- Try to practice English Tongue Twisters. Its a practice for your pronunciation plus an exercise for your muscles in your mouth.
- Read English newspapers. You may encounter there new words and yet you able to learn how to react some issues in English speaking.
- Join an English club or an English organization. There, you may able to mingle new people and have conversations with them using the English language.
- If you have the money, you can try to travel to an English speaking country specially in the U.S.
- Read English books or short stories..Read it loudly while you are alone in a place.
These are how I learned. To be very conscientious, speaking English fluently is not something we can effectuate right away. It needs what we called "patience" for it is a ceaseless process. The more we try, the more we speak English fluently.
By that time you will be already immune in English speaking, a time that you can already say - "Goodbye Nosebleed"