Desserts can be sweetened pastries/foods we eat after meals. Some are wrapped in cellophane like butterscotch. Some are decorated like cakes. Some are cooled like salad. And some are freezed like ice cream. These were something we crave for when we are not yet full. With its taste, we are tempted to eat more until we filled our stomach to its maximum capacity. In fact, desserts are mostly what people looked for in every special occasion, because somehow, these will bequeaths the finishing touch to at the end of the meal to make it perfect.
“Yema” is a kind of dessert. It is a cooked condensed milk, shaped and rolled over on sugar. I am not new to this, but this is one of the desserts that I really love. With its sweet taste, I’ve been addicted to it. Yema could be in pyramid or circular in shape. Actually, I have it last Wednesday night as my dessert after dinner.
Selling yema could be a good business. In fact my sister is selling yema but its temporary. Little yet it will clicks people’s taste. As Php100 as your capital, you could profit in the range of Php40 up depends on the size and price of the yema you are selling.
If you’re curious about the process of how to cook yema, here are the materials, equipment and ingredients you need to prepare and cooking procedures to follow:
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Colored cellophane for wrapping
- 1 can of Condense Milk
- 1 tbsp. of Vanilla
- 1 tbsp. of Butter
- 1 tbsp. of Oil
- 1 cup of Sugar (white)
- Put the pan on the stove with low fire.
- When the pan is already dry and hot. Put 1 tbsp. of oil.
- Then, put condense milk in the pan.
- Then add vanilla and butter. Mix these using the wooden spoon. We use oil in order for the condense milk not to stick in the pan while we are mixing.
- After you see the change of its color, remove it from the pan and let it cool. (Note: This step will determine if your yema will either soft or hard. If you want soft yema, you will just stay the pan on the stove for 10-15minutes; for hard yema is 20 minutes up.)
- Prepare for a cup of sugar and put it in the bowl.
- Shape the cooked yema according to your like, it could be circular or pyramid in shape.
- Then, rolled it over on the bowl of sugar.
- Cut the colored cellophane to desired size of your yema and wrap it.
- This is now ready for packaging and selling.